Holmfirth Civic Hall is an impressive building lying in the heart of the Last of the Summer wine countryside and is an amalgamation of two buildings – Holmfirth Town Hall was built in 1842 at a cost of £2,200 and had various uses, including a Magistrates Court and welfare clinics.
Meanwhile the Drill Hall was built in 1891/92 at a cost of £1,700. Both buildings were purchased by the borough council in 1946 and were reopened as Holmfirth Civic Hall on 7th November 1947.
The building is now used for a variety of activities including concerts and theatre performances, badminton and fitness classes, exhibitions, conferences and meetings.
Holme Valley Parish Council acquired the Hall via community asset transfer in April 2017 and handed operation to a new charity, Holmfirth Civic Hall Community Trust, formed to run and manage the Hall on a day to day basis.
The Trust’s vision is to make Holmfirth Civic Hall an inclusive, cohesive and sustainable community asset – run in our community, by our community and for our community. The Trust will be responsible for growing the profile and the usage of the Hall and investing any surpluses back into the building, its maintenance and upkeep, ensuring its viability as a community facility for the long term.
The building consists of two main halls, the Large Hall and the Lesser Hall, plus various other rooms to hire by community groups, individuals or businesses. The premises are licensed and suitable for a full range of activities, special events or celebrations. Details for a number of frequent user and special event packages to suit all budgets can be provided upon request.
Holmfirth Civic Hall has excellent disabled access and is located on the main Huddersfield Road approaching Holmfirth town centre, with good parking facilities nearby.
To find out more about the facilities offered at Holmfirth Civic Hall please click here.