With concerns over the Covid 19 pandemic continuing to grow and many events elsewhere being cancelled the management team at Holmfirth Civic Hall would like to confirm that, for the time being, the Hall remains open.
We continue to monitor the news and government advice as the situation develops, and have reviewed our policies and procedures in order to continue to operate in a safe and hygienic manner for the benefit of all those coming to the Hall.
Events and activities organised by the Hall will continue as planned unless central government or the local authority instruct us to make alternative arrangements. Some of our hirers may choose to cancel or rearrange their own events and activities and we will keep our website and what’s on calendars up to date with any information on any events as we receive it. Please contact event organisers for any other clarification required.
We would ask that if you feel at all unwell you should not attend the Hall.
In the meantime, we have taken the following steps to maintain excellent hygiene standards in the venue:-
- Our cleaning schedule has been reviewed and is now operating with a greater focus on washrooms and contact areas (door handles, hand rails etc).
- Our staff team maintain a high level of cleanliness but we will be increasing our sanitation and cleaning standards throughout public hours, for example regularly cleaning tables and high-touch areas.
- Soap in the washrooms is now antibacterial hand wash. Hand sanitizer is provided in the foyer.
- All staff have received advice in maintaining good personal hygiene.
- Increased public information is in place in washrooms to remind visitors of good hand washing practice. We encourage all our customers to keep their hands clean throughout their visit.
We thank you for your cooperation and patience as we make the necessary adjustments to our routines, as and when any changes to our approach occur we will provide updates accordingly.
Holmfirth Civic Hall Community Trust
17th March 2020